Thursday, August 7, 2014

Jet Lagged!

I have been home from Europe for 5 days now and I am guessing I have a few more days to deal with jet lag.  I forget how crazy it can be.  We went to Israel in 2012. I had to go back to school the next day and was so tired when I got back home that evening that I slept well and got back on a schedulethat day.  This isn't the case.  I am off for a few more days and I don't have anything to do before 10am so...I am still adjusting.  I am enjoying these last few days of summer and I am so thankful I have them.  The house is clean, laundry is done and some meals are ready to be prepared.  School is coming so ready or not, here I come! 
I restarted this blog because I wanted to be able to chronicle the things I am learning as I am in this period of waiting.  I am learning.  I am not sure how to share it though, a lot of it is between me and the Lord. I pray that as I post, my attitude becomes one of grace and mercy.That I give all of the glory to HIM and HIM alone.  I have learned not to suppose and that His ways are way higher than mine.  I have no idea what God is doing just that He is working.  I get to see what He is doing and then make decisions about my life based on what I see Him doing.  For instance, I know that my school is my mission field. Not just my ministry with my kids but with the ladies I work with.  I can choose to gripe, complain or whine. Or... I can be that positive person in the room.  I can "work heartily, as for the Lord, and not for men." Colossians 3:23  I am a people pleaser and that, more often than not, has failed me.  I am going into a  new year of reflection.  I have been out of college for 20 years.  I am not where I thought I'd be but oh am I in a good place.  God has a plan, I don't know His plan but I can follow Him.  That is where my faith steps in. However, the faith that I have doesn't come from me, even that faith is from God.  I am waiting and praying for the right child at the right time.  I am expectanly awaiting his or her or their arrival.  I will wait, I will trust, I will stand firm, I will pray.

His mercies are new every morning and His grace is sufficient for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment